Friday, February 24, 2006

Finally on our way down South

Suddenly trianing was over. It seemed to have gone by so quickly.
I went home to Newcastle for 5 days to say goodbye to all my mates and it was off down South on the Icebreaker the "Aurora Austrlalis". It was a good boat and a good crew and we had a great trip down.
My father rode my motorbike over from melbourne to Hobart to see me off whihc was just fabulous. My best frined Brent - who is looking after my dog Maxy while I am away was also there ot see me off. It was sad to say goodbye but exciting at the same time.
This will be a year of adeventure the like of which very few pople ever get ot experience. I am so excited to be leaving.
Once on board, Andrew, Greg and I worked a lot of the trip down. We had Comms to set up and IT stuff to do. So we were kept pretty busy until the last few days. Then we got a chance to relax and catch up on some rest after the previous 3 months of hard work & trianing so it was all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home