Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Then it was back inside for more Comms training. I did a course on the X-Ray machine, repair and maintenance, located in the Hospital wing of all the stations. That was interesting. Man if I never have to have an X-Ray again as long as I live I will be happy. I think if the general public actually knew what an X-Ray did to the body they wouldn’t be nearly as quick to rush off to a doctor and get themselves or - worse still; their children - X-Rayed I can tell you. Very scary stuff! Very much an eye opener for me I must say.

Then it was more Comms training on radios, field sets and field radios, remote and wireless radios and Comms setups. A course on the AnareSat Satellite system, its maintenance and repair and the Iridium system followed. Nothing too hard or unexpected there – all good. Then a course to obtain my International Communications Operators license. This was a bit of a mind drain. It is an externally set up and examined course with an 80% pass mark. No pass, no trip south – No pressure at all!!!


Next it was a forklift driver’s license. My first hour was hilarious! Those little buggers get stuck in full lock and just go round and round in circles. Ha ha. Then I was told off for going “A bit too fast” around the warehouse. Doh! Juas asI was beginning to get the hang of it all and have some fun as well!. So unfair ;o] I was tested on a crown electric fork as this is what we use down south but the real fun came after my writtenand the practical test was completed. At this stage I got to go outside and learn to drive the wharf loader forklift. This thing is HUGE. But I have to say it is way easier to operate than the little electric one. That was a fun day in the office I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home