Sunday, February 26, 2006

The trip down

2 hours out of Hobart I saw my first hump back whale and saw a pod of killer whales today 3rd December, 2005 at about 10am. Very cool indeed!
The food onboard the AA is FABULOUS. Have to mke sure I start going to the gym every single day as I dont want to end up fat. Have worked too long adn ahrd to get rid of it all! No seassickness for me, but some poor folk are suffering. Dont know why the sea is as calm as.

9th December 2005. It is exactly midnight and I have just been watching my first Berg. Man it was awesome. We passed right beside it. It was about 15times the size of the Aurora and about 3times as high. Then off to one side was the really cool little berg about 5 metres from the big one, looked like a little lighthouse on a shoreline. So amazing! Bloody hell, how cool is that? I have just passed an amazing iceberg in the Souther Ocean on the way to the Antarctic! Who would have ever thought I'd be here? Just think that big old berg is about 20thousand years old! Unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home